XVI century. Address: 32, Horodotska.
St. Anna's ChurchSt. Anna's church has been known since the XVI century. At that time it was the sacred place of tailors' workshop. In the XVIII century the pilgrims were coming here with prayers to the Wonder-working Icon of Our Lady. After the last war the church was closed and returned to believers only in the early 1990s.
Year 1242. Bogdan Khmelnytsky str. , 28a
St. Nicholas' church is one of the oldest functioning Orthodox churches in Lviv. It has been known since the XIII century. The Wonder-working Icon of Saint Nicholas is preserved in the church. In the XVI century the Antiokhia's Patriarch loakim blessed this church by the part of saint's relics.
Year 1644. Bogdan Khmelnytsky str., 77. The church of Holy Great-Martyr Parascevia (Friday).
St. Parascevia's ChurchSt. Parascevia church was erected on the ruins of ancient Orthodox church in 1644. The masterpiece of Ukrainian art the high iconostasis with seventy icons of the XVII century is still preserved here.
Year 1597. Vicheva Square, 2.
Church of All SaintsThe former Roman-Catholic church and the nunnery of the Benedictian Order, the masterpiece of the Renaissance architecture, became the Church of all Saints of the Protection of the Holy of the Studite Monastic Order. Here the activity of the nuns of Benedictian Order was revived. The part of St. John is the Golden mouth's relics .
Year 1550. Bogdan Khmelnytsky str., 36
Lviv St. Onuphrius' ChurchThe monastery and church of St. Onuphrius was mentioned in the old Rus' times. In the XVI-XIX centuries it was the prominent centre of Lviv Christian life. Here was the place where the first book in Ukraine was published. After the war both the monastery and the church were closed and returned to the Vasylians' Order in 1990
1642-1692. Vynnychenka str., 30.
The old church of the Lord's Presentation was erected in the XVII century, with the resemblance to Santa Susanna's church in Rome. In 1927 the coronation of the icon of Virgin's Unwearying Help took place here. This icon was blessed in Rome.
1617. Lychakivska str., 49a.
St. Anthony's churchIn the eastern part of the city there is one of three functioning Roman-Catholic churches in Lviv. This is the St. Anthony's church. It was erected in trie XVIII century and reconstructed to its present appearance, preserving the features of baroque in its architecture and interior decoration.
blessed in 1934. Address: 175, Lychakivska str.
The former Roman-Catholic church of the Ostrobrams'ka Virgin Mary is the monumental church in the form of Christian basilica. It was blessed in 1934. After the years of decline the sacral place was renewed as the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary's Cover. The church is under the care of Fathers-Salesians, who run missionary and educational activity.
1660. 82 a, Lychakivska str.
Lviv, St. Peter's and Paul's Churchla-3008.JPGThe old Paulinian church was transmitted to the church of Orthodox confession in the XVIII century. In post-war time Father Volodymyr (Yarema), the future patriarch of Ukrainian Independent Orthodox Church — Dymytry, was working upon the wall-painting and the icons of the church.
1897-1901. Korolenka str., 3.
St. George's ChurchIn 2001 the Orthodox St. George's church celebrates 100 years since it has been erected. The future president of Ukraine Mykhailo Hrushevs'ky and the famous professor of art Ilarion Svenits'ky were concerned to its erection at that time. The relic of the church is the icon of Our Lady from Tikhvin, which was created specially for church on Aphon.
1607. Lychakivska str., 2.
The Ancient Church Of The Order Of Poor ClaresThe nunnery of the Poor Clares Order (XVII-XVIII) during the XIX century was closed for the Liturgies. After the World War II it suffered the same misfortune. In 1996 here was founded the Museum of. SacraL Baroque Sculpture — “The Art of Johann George Pinsel”. The workers of Lviv Art Gallery saved the sculptural works of this distinguished European master in 1960s -1970s. They were restored as the museum exhibits. These works are full of energy and spiritual power.
1739-1777. Address: 5, Grushevskoho.
The transformation from old Catholic St. Nicholas church into the Orthodox sacral place did not have influence on the interior of the church of the XVIII century. The sculptural decoration of the altar in baroque style is accomplished by the low iconostasis. Outside the church harmonically blends with the mountainous landscape forming a unique view of the city.
1897-1901. Address: 23, Starovoznesinska str.
Church of the Lord's AscensionThis church was erected at the foot of Chernecha Hora in Romanic-Gothic style (1897-1901, arh.W. Halicki) on the ruins of old wooden church known since XVI century.
Year 1885. Ivana Franka, 56
The Church of Virgin Mary's Immaculate ConceptionIn 1913 the metropolitan Andrei Sheptyts'kyi invited the monks of the Order of Holy Redeemer (redemptorists) to Lviv. Their aim was to preach to the poorest. In 1990s the Order of the Redemptorists renewed its activity.
Note - Church of the Order of Redemptorists